iPhone 8 and 8 Plus carrier prices in Taiwan

September 18, 2017

The iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus will be available in Taiwan for sale on September 22nd, 2017, that is 4 days from now. The carrier prices have just been published in the Taiwanese media, and I have made a brief overview of these prices on the following 5 carriers (listed from the largest to the smallest): Chunghwa Telecom, Taiwan Mobile, Far East One, Taiwan Star, and Asia Pacific Telecom. I will analyze who offers the best deal in a separate post.


The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.

iPhone 8 carrier plans in Taiwan

These are the iPhone 8 prices by carrier, if you sign a 30 month (2.5 years) long contract. There will be offerings for a shorter period, but it wasn't yet published at the time of this post.



iPhone 8 Plus carrier plans in Taiwan

These are the iPhone 8 Plus prices by carrier, if you sign a 30 month (2.5 years) long contract. There will be offerings for a shorter period, but it wasn't yet published at the time of this post.



All Chunghwa Telecom's plans

These are the contract plans offered by Taiwan's biggest carrier Chunghwa Telecom - click here for an image. They offer 12, 24 and 30 months contract, and based on that various price tiers depending on which model and storage you choose (source).

All Taiwan Mobile's plans

These are the contract plans offered by Taiwan's second biggest carrier Taiwan Mobile aka. Taiwan Dageda - click here for an image. As of now they offer a 24 and 30 months contract, and based on that various price tiers depending on which model and storage you choose (source).

Verdict

The new iPhones 8 are kind of a mixed bag for me. While my iPhone 6s Plus is still working well and had no hardware issues (aside from the horrible aluminum chipping), I feel no urge to upgrade. I do feel more and more bothered that the paint is chipping off, so I might opt for the stainless steel iPhone X, however paying so much money for a phone is also a big challenge. I might go for the iPhone 8 Plus 64GB at the end. I've heard, if you switch carriers, you might get some nice discount, so that's something I am thinking of as well at this point. I'll wait for a couple of months before I make my decision.